[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Hello!

"jl" == John Ludeman <johnl@microsoft.com> writes:

jl> I'm curious how your efforts differ from EIT's Secure-HTTP
jl> proposal by Rescorla and Schiffman.  It is a relatively complete
jl> document that discusses ways to enhance the HTTP protocol to
jl> provide security/encryption negotiation and transfer including
jl> key/cipher exchange.  I believe the spec is online at CommerceNet.
jl> Follow the links from http://www.eit.com/techinfo.htm.

  The S-HTTP proposal is rather weak wrt symmetric key encryption. I'm
interested any leads on Kerberized HTTP as we have a Kerberos database
of 60,000+ users which includes most of the people (students, faculty,
and staff) at the University of Michigan. Handing out public key pairs
to all these users will be difficult and we need a secured HTTP now,
so much of the S-HTTP paper--while very good for a public key
environment--is inapplicable here.

michael

Follow-Ups: References: